- "Your team did an excellent job. We were just saying to each other that we wished you did more races at the same calibre. It wasn't just physical, but mental too - we thought the team strategy games were very creative and made it more fun. It was organized very well and we all had a great time. We are already looking forward to the next one!"
- Team Data Quest 1, Novice
- The course was so much fun and a perfect length. We loved the mystery challenges which made it not just about fitness but also about team work. We could tell you put a lot of time and thought into the planning. It was an excellent community event. Thanks again.
- Intermediate team
- "That was awesome - you guys did a great job. The orienteering and different activities were really cool and the course was very well put together - challenging but not too long."
- Elite team
- "We all loved it and look forward to the spring race already!"
- Team 'Caught in the Storm'
- I just wanted to congratulate the both of you for your fantastic efforts at
STORM. I thought the race was better than last year. The finish line area
was better set up than last year, it was like a small racer's village. And the participants looked very happy. I didn't see a single unhappy racer. Thanks for inviting me to take part, I had a great time!
- Derek, Volunteer Staff Crew
- On behalf of my team, I'd like to thank you for running such a great Storm the North Shore race this year. This was the first time any of us had done this sort of race. We had such a blast. The novice course was really well marked and the mystery tests were lots of fun. We're now totally hooked and will be looking for other races to try next year and of course, will be back for Storm 2003. Thanks for making our first race such a fabulous experience.
- Claire Yeung, Novice Team
- Congratulations on running a fantastic event. This was our second year
participating in this event and it just keeps getting better. Your Pre-race
communications were great and on race day everything went very smoothly for us. The volunteers were very friendly and happy to answer our questions. Once again the NORTH SHORE NEWS photo's were great (and this year we had DOUBLE prints). The START/FINISH village was first class. We are looking forward to joining you for another race (or two) next year.
- Paul Craig,
Natural Earth Racing
- First of all, let me thank you on a wonderful race. This was my first time,
in any kind of adventure race. As a first time novice, I had a simply
fantastic time. We were very impressed with how much of an effort and
time that you all put in to it. We thank you all, and look forward in
entering the next one.
- Bob Tutush, Team Terminal Velocity
- This was the most fun thing I have ever done! Everyone was so kind and helpful and organized. It was my first adventure race and I can't wait to do more - it was awesome!
- Novice team
- Just wanted to thank you and everyone for a great race on Saturday. I have done many races like this and can say that it is one of the best organized and fun races around. The race photo, burger and beer are a much appreciated bonus. Keep it up !
- Chuck Droppo
- Thanks for organizing such an awesome race. My team enjoyed every minute of it. Cheers,
- Team 308: Confused and Dazed
- To everyone involved in running Storm the North Shore,
I just wanted to say thanks a million for an excellent adventure race. The organization was second to none and we had a fantastic day. We'll hopefully see you in the spring for the next one!
All the best,
Team Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
- Just wanted to thank you for a wicked race! It's so cool to be on the other
side of an event like this. You guys put on a fantastic event and you definitely have everything dialed. It had a very festive vibe to it and it was good to mingle around and chat with all the racers and volunteers. Also, your registration numbers are truly amazing! You guys are doing a ton for the sport and providing that entry into adventure racing. Congratulations on a great race!!!
- Bryan Tasaka, Mind Over Mountain
- All the organizers and volunteers:
I participated in this year's Storm the North Shore and just wanted to drop
you a line to tell you how impressed I am. Our team had a wonderful time in one of the best (if not the best) organized events I have participated in. What a wonderful way to showcase all that the North Shore has to offer! Here's kudos to the team and a hope that there will be additional events.
Well done and thanks,
- Richard Vurdela, Team RAK Pack
- Dear Race Organizers;
Thanks for putting on such a great race! I had the most fun of any multi-sport race I've done! I am planning to more of these and look forward to the one in the spring.
- David Hesketh, Vancouver Waldorf School Team
- We thoroughly love the event and are looking forward to next year.
Thanks again for an extremely well organized event.
- Cathy Walker, Team Captain, Yummy Mommy's
- Thanks once again for the great opportunity to race in the Storm. Our team had so much fun and success. We will definitely love to participate in
future races. Two of us were complete rookies in the racing experience and
my over 40 friend felt a real sense of pride to finish as well as place in
the top three teams in our grouping! Everything was well organized, the volunteers were great and the participants were fun and friendly. We were just happy we could use the cargo net to climb the wall and not be dragged up that rope! Maybe next time, till then thanks again. You all did a great job to create a
- Sue Wick, Contact Printing
- Just wanted to say a big thank you for the wonderful event last weekend. Our team (#428) were all first-timers in the Novice group and found this race quite a challenge. The mountain bike course was probably the biggest challenge as the two girls were new to mtn. biking..but we made it! We all really, really had a great time and can't wait 'til the next one in June. Thanks again!
- Katy Player, Team "Where's my Backpack?"